Two Female Personal Assistants Required
Hours: Approximately 25 hours per week between two assistants
Wage: £10.00 per hour
Location: North Shields
Self-employed Female Personal Assistants required to support a 79 year old lady who is affected by dementia and mobility issues, to ensure she can remain at home. She is very placid and friendly but has limited vocabulary.
The role is to assist her with everyday tasks, such as:
- Preparing, cooking and supporting during meal times.
- Assist with bathing, toileting and getting dressed.
- Dispensing medication at set times throughout the day.
- Accompanying her shopping and accessing the community.
- Light domestic duties around the home.
- Providing stimulation from conversation and activities, to prolong memory.
This job is primarily to work Tuesday to Friday with occasional Saturdays. Tuesday between 8am – 6pm, Thursday 9am – 7pm, Friday 10am – 3.30pm, flexibility is essential and occasional Saturdays required.
You should be experienced in working with clients with dementia, compassionate, have a good sense of humour, like to chat, be friendly and trustworthy. You need to be confident and able to use your own initiative.
You should also hold a full UK driving license.
The lady responds better to a mature carer.
Tel 07919913553 or email email@example.com for more information.
Post subject to references and DBS check.