This free to attend three half day course will be held on the following dates;
Saturdays – 26th January/2nd February/9th February 2019
9.30am to 12.30pm
Mondays – 28th January/4th February/ 11th February 2019
10.00am to 1.00pm
Tuesdays – 26th February/5th March/ 12th March 2019
5.30pm to 8.30pm
at Disability North, The Dene Centre, Castle Farm Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 1PH – 0191 2840480.
This course will cover the following;
• Overview of what Social Care is.
• Introduction to the main models of Disability.
• What Personalisation is, how it has become part of Social Care Policy and where the role of a Personal Assistant fits in.
• What the role of a Personal Assistant is, the skills and values that Direct Payment employers want and an understanding of ‘Person Centred Care’.
• Equality and Diversity in relation to disability.
• An understanding of safeguarding, signs of abuse and what to do if abuse is suspected.
• Health and Safety from an employee’s perspective.
• Some of the issues to consider when applying for Personal Assistant Roles and once in the role of Personal Assistant
To access a booking form please click on the following link: PA Course Application Form.