Job title: Female Personal Assistant and Housekeeper
Hours: Holiday Cover and temporary cover Required :
Alternate Tuesdays commencing 2nd June
Alternate Sundays commencing 4th July
Holiday cover required Monday 21st June to Thursday 24th June inclusive and
Monday 28th June, Friday 2nd July and Saturday 3rd July
Cover is needed from 8:30am-4:30pm each day but can be slightly later – the days could be shared between more than one person.
It is not known at present how long the need for cover on alternate Tuesdays and Sundays will continue
Rate of pay: £9.50 per hour
A vacancy as come up within an existing care and support team for temporary cover for the hours above.
Edward and Sheila are a retired couple in their early eighties who have lived in Fenham for the last 56 years. Edward worked as a Civil Engineer and Sheila as a Physiotherapist.
Sheila has Corticobasal Degeneration which has affected her mobility and speech. Assistance is required with all aspects of daily living. This assistance is provided by Personal Assistants working seven days a week. An NHS-funded package provides additional support for Sheila.
Maintaining independence and a high quality level of care and support within the home is extremely important to the family and you will be working in friendly and welcoming home environment.
- You will have patience and the desire to spend time learning how to communicate effectively with Sheila and will be prepared to take direction from Edward about the way that things should be done.
- You will be committed to communicating with other staff and family members so that a high level of care can be maintained.
- You will be committed to providing a high level of personal care for Sheila.
- Ideally you will have experience of running a home
- You’ll be a core part of Sheila’s and Edward’s life, so commitment and good timekeeping are important, as is good general health.
- Sheila and Edward both have a good sense of humour – so a shared sense of humour would be good
- Experience of supporting individuals in their own home is preferred, particularly experience in providing moving and assistance and personal care.
For more details please see the full job description.
You are invited to apply for both the holiday cover and temporary cover. Alternatively applications will be accepted for either post, please state your preference when you apply.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting SW/DP/001/21 or download the application pack here.
Closing date: 28th June, 2021
This post requires an enhanced DBS