Job title: Female Personal Assistant and Housekeeper
Hours: Holiday Cover and temporary cover Required:
Temporary cover required and ongoing flexible bank work.
Shifts would be 8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Sunday but can be slightly later – the days could be shared between more than one person.
Rate of pay: £9.50 per hour
A vacancy as come up within an existing care and support team for temporary cover for the hours above as well as to provide ongoing cover.
Edward and Sheila are a retired couple in their early eighties who have lived in Fenham for the last 56 years. Edward worked as a Civil Engineer and Sheila as a Physiotherapist.
Sheila has Corticobasal Degeneration which has affected her mobility and speech. Assistance is required with all aspects of daily living. This assistance is provided by Personal Assistants working seven days a week. An NHS-funded package provides additional support for Sheila.
Maintaining independence and a high quality level of care and support within the home is extremely important to the family and you will be working in friendly and welcoming home environment.
- You will have patience and the desire to spend time learning how to communicate effectively with Sheila and will be prepared to take direction from Edward about the way that things should be done.
- You will be committed to communicating with other staff and family members so that a high level of care can be maintained.
- You will be committed to providing a high level of personal care for Sheila.
- Ideally you will have experience of running a home
- You’ll be a core part of Sheila’s and Edward’s life, so commitment and good timekeeping are important, as is good general health.
- Sheila and Edward both have a good sense of humour – so a shared sense of humour would be good
- Experience of supporting individuals in their own home is preferred, particularly experience in providing moving and assistance and personal care.
For more details please see the full job description.
To apply please complete the online application form or contact email@example.com quoting SWNCL02 for further information.
Closing date: Immediate start available, applicants are encouraged to make early applications.
This post requires an enhanced DBS which will be paid for by the employer.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.