Hours: Minimum of 13 hours to cover maternity leave (includes a Saturday shift). Possibly up to full-time hours to cover holidays and sickness.
Rate of Pay: £9.78 – £12.35 depending on experience and completion of training.
Area: Morpeth, NE61
Purpose of Job
You will be required to provide support and supervision for a young person. Shifts will include early mornings, days, evenings and overnights. You will work as a member of a team of carers for a young person, aged 19. She enjoys using the computer, horse riding, cycling, swimming, bowling, outdoor activities, singing, dancing, socialising with friends and visiting places of interest (McDonalds, Metrocentre, theme parks). The role includes personal care, moving and handling, feeding, administering medication and facilitate the young lady to socialise.
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence and have access to a car
- Only female applicants will be considered as role involves personal care
- A qualification in British Sign Language is desirable but not essential
- No experience is necessary as full training will be given
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend shifts
Successful applicant must:
- Have a positive attitude to people who have learning disabilities
- Be punctual and reliable as the young person cannot be left alone in the house
- Be able to respect the family’s privacy and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Be flexible and willing to cover a range of shifts
- Have a happy positive caring nature
- Provide support with personal care tasks including toileting, bathing, dressing and dental hygiene
- Support with oral feeding (soft diet)
- Administer medication via PEG (following a period of training, with annual training and competency sign off by Community Nurses and Northumberland County Council)
- Complete all mandatory training associated with client’s needs as advised by employer within the expected time frame
- Support to access age appropriate and leisure activities such as swimming, cycling and horse riding
- Ensure client’s safety at all times
- Car driver essential
For more information, please see the JOB DESCRIPTION
Closing date: 21st October 2021
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.