This is a fantastic long-term opportunity for two reliable, motivated and conscientious female Personal Assistants to support a couple to maintain their independence living in Jesmond.
Hours: 15 hours per week.
Over 2 consecutive days, either Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday
9.00 am – 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm – 6.30 pm.
Rate of pay £10.00 per hour
We are offering a great opportunity for a caring, reliable, and conscientious personal assistant to join our care team. We are a couple in our 80’s. I have mobility difficulties and my wife is completely blind and has recently been diagnosed with dementia. We have been supported for 8 years by a small group of relatives and paid carers who share our values and our commitment to empowerment, quality of life and our wellbeing.
The job will involve personal care and following a planned care routine, preparing and serving meals and some light housework.
- Long term position
- Parking facilities
- Walking distance from the City Centre.
To be our Personal Assistant we are looking for someone who has the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working with older people, particularly people with disabilities and ideally dementia.
- Able to be patient, open minded and conscientious.
- Able to be self-motivated, reliable, and flexible.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience of providing personal care.
- Experience of working with clients in their own home
- Non smoker
The job will be subject to DBS checks and references.
For more information please see the Job description
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
Closing Date 20th May 2021