Hours: 14 hours per week at present – typically Thursdays and Saturdays.
Rate: £12.50 per hour.
Location: Gosforth, Newcastle
I am a young woman with Cerebral Palsy and wheelchair user looking for someone who can assist me in living independently.
- Accompanying me when out in the community – i.e., shopping, going to the gym etc.
- Meal preparation and other domestic tasks within the home.
- Occasional trips and overnight stays to enable me to attend conferences and other events.
- Ideally must have own car that can be used for work purposes and accommodate a folding manual wheelchair.
- Clean driving licence.
- Must be flexible – working hours vary and includes daytime, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be sociable and work well with others.
- Able to show initiative.
- Must be willing to provide references and undergo a DBS check.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4
For more information, please see the Job Description
To apply please fill out our online application form.
Closing date: 30th November 2023
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.