This is a fantastic long-term opportunity for a person centred, fun, positive PA to join my team. I live in central York and have a visual impairment and some memory issues.
I am looking for someone to work:
- Every Wednesday (10am – 4pm).
- Flexibility to do more days would be welcomed.
The wage is £11.70 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata with an annual increment every April.
Ideally you would be a driver with a clean licence, as you would be required to drive my Motability vehicle. This is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Reliable, committed, cheerful, professional, and respectful
- Someone with a great sense of humour
- Confident to accompany me when in hospital (Kidney Transplant Patient)
- Able to liaise with health care professionals and take detailed notes
- Happy to take and follow instructions
- An excellent listener and able to use your initiative
- Prepared to use PPE in my home and when out and about
- Someone who enjoys swimming
- Someone who likes cats
Tasks will include:
- Accompanying on walks in all weather
- Accompanying to hospital appointments
- Advocating for me on occasion
- Accompanying to swimming pool
- Light housework including laundry
- Assist in preparing & cooking food and working independently in this area when I need you to
- Assist in light gardening
- Help planning shopping
Please read the Job description
The successful candidate will have had or be willing to have their Covid-19 vaccinations.
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
To apply you can complete the online application form or request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20th December 2023
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.