Job Title: Female Personal Care Assistant BANK
Responsible to: Direct Payment employer
Hours: Bank Staff
12 hour shifts, 8am – 8pm and 8pm – 8am waking night shift. These may change from time to time.
Rate of Pay: £11.54 an hour (gross rate) + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
An established team of female Personal Assistants are looking for bank staff to cover daytime and waking night shifts to help a full-time student studying at university in York.
I am a young woman who is extremely sociable and loves spending times with friends, watching films, chatting & shopping. Some flexibility is desirable, but hours will primarily be on set days. An open mind, commitment, willingness to help and an eagerness to learn are more important than experience in the care sector as full training will be given. We need some of the team to be able to work in Harrogate during university holidays.
- You are resilient, bubbly and caring
- You are reliable and professional – you value honesty and discretion
- You are friendly, cheerful and approachable
- You are flexible, and can work under pressure
Tasks include (All necessary training will be provided):
- All aspects of personal care: medication; supporting on a ventilator; cleaning and changing tracheostomy tubes; showering; toileting – including management of bowels; dressing; assisting with eating and drinking; etc
- Organising and monitoring medical equipment
- Accompanying to university lectures & seminars (a notetaker from the university will be present, but you must remain in the background to give support if required)
- Helping prepare menus, budget for shopping, prepare & cook meals
- Shopping (food, clothes, for fun etc)
- Helping with laundry & care of clothes
- Making bed
- General household cleaning as required – washing up, vacuuming, dusting etc
- Watching tv together, playing games etc
- Going out and about
- Any other duties as required
Please see the Job Description for full details.
To apply for the post please use the online form or contact email@example.com
An enhanced DBS will be required, paid for by the employer
Closing Date for applications 1st November, 2021
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.