Job Title: Female Personal Care Assistant
Responsible to: Direct Payment employer
Hours: Saturday 8pm – 8am waking night shift.
Saturday/Sunday 8am-8pm daytime shift
Weekday Mornings (Tuesday and Friday 8am-10am and Thursday 7am-9am)
Rate of Pay: £11.54 an hour (gross rate) + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
A team of female Personal Assistants is required for daytime and overnight shifts to help a full-time student studying at university in York. I am a young woman who is extremely sociable and loves spending times with friends, watching films, chatting & shopping. Some flexibility is desirable, but hours will primarily be on set days and nights (essential that you can stay awake). Shifts may vary from time to time, but will primarily be 12 hour shifts, 8am – 8pm and 8pm – 8am waking night shift. An open mind, commitment, willingness to help and an eagerness to learn are more important than experience in the care sector. We need some of the team to be able to work in Harrogate during university holidays.
- You are resilient, bubbly and caring
- You are reliable and professional – you value honesty and discretion
- You are friendly, cheerful and approachable
- You are flexible, and can work under pressure
- You have a full, clean UK driving licence (and possibly your own car, although the employer has a motability car)
Tasks will include:
- All aspects of personal care: medication; supporting on a ventilator; cleaning and changing tracheostomy tubes; showering; toileting – including management of bowels; dressing; assisting with eating and drinking; etc
- Organising and monitoring medical equipment
- Accompanying to university lectures & seminars (a notetaker from the university will be present, but you must remain in the background to give support if required)
- Helping prepare menus, budget for shopping, prepare & cook meals
- Shopping (food, clothes, for fun etc)
- Helping with laundry & care of clothes
- Making bed
- General household cleaning as required – washing up, vacuuming, dusting etc
- Watching tv together, playing games etc
- Going out and about
- Any other duties as required
Please see the Job Description for full details.
To apply for the post please use the online form or contact email@example.com
An enhanced DBS will be required, paid for by the employer
Closing Date for applications 19th October, 2021
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.