Female, positive and kind PA needed
Hours: 6 Hours Wednesdays
This is a fantastic long-term opportunity for a person centred, fun, positive PA to join my team. I live in central York and have a visual impairment and some memory issues.
I am looking for someone to work every Wednesday (10am – 4pm). Flexibility to do more days (most likely a Friday) would be welcomed.
The wage is £10.54 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata with an annual increment every April.
You must be a driver with a clean license, as you will need to drive my Motability vehicle. You must also be 25 or older for insurance purposes.
The successful applicant will be: –
- Reliable, committed, cheerful, professional, and respectful
- Someone with a great sense of humour
- Confident to accompany me when in hospital (Kidney Transplant Patient)
- Able to liaise with health care professionals and take detailed notes
- Happy to take and follow instructions
- An excellent listener and able to use your initiative
- Prepared to use PPE in my home and when out and about
- Someone who enjoys swimming
- Someone who likes cats (I am hoping to find a cat to join my family soon)
Tasks will include:
- Accompanying on walks in all weather
- Accompanying to hospital appointments
- Advocating for me on occasion
- Accompanying to swimming pool
- Light housework including laundry
- Assist in preparing & cooking food and working independently in this area when I need you to
- Assist in light gardening
- Help planning shopping
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
For more details please see the Job Description
Closing date 22nd April, 2021
(May close earlier if a high number of applications are received)