This job posting is for a private position for a single client; the client is the employer and the person for which you will be caring.
Searching for a dedicated and reliable people with care experience, who would fit into our small independently-run care team, looking after a 35 year old man with Muscular Dystrophy. He lives in a fully adapted flat, with his wife and son, and gets around using an electric wheelchair. It is a rewarding and enjoyable job for successful applicants, where you can take the initiative for your responsibilities, and really help make a difference. There are also opportunities to accompany him to social activities and events, such as football games, concerts, the cinema, and away on holidays.
The role will include helping in all aspects of daily and social life:
- The majority of the work is during the morning and evening routine, completing daily tasks such as: showering, toileting and dressing, all with the use of specialist equipment such as ceiling hoists and an adapted bathroom. Requires manual handling skills.
- Preparation of some meals, and help with eating and drinking.
- Administration of medicines and operation and upkeep of medical equipment: PEG, ventilator, cough assist, tracheostomy care.
- Care during responding to emergency situations, and assisting with health status – helping solve problems and provide input during liaisons with other health care professionals.
- Accompanying to social events, going out and about round Newcastle, and providing support with hobbies, as well as being good company and engaging in conversation throughout the day.
- Providing a high level of care and professionalism; keeping an eye on health status and happiness.
Full Training will be Provided
Candidates should be: responsible, organised, enthusiastic, caring, outgoing and talkative.
Candidates should have:
- Previous experience working in a care setting: 1 year.
- Qualifications in Care or Nursing are highly desirable.
- Flexible with their shift patterns.
- Use of a car (desirable but not essential).
Initial interviews will be held online.
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
Salary: £10.60-£11.50 per hour
All carers should be double vaccinated and do a lateral flow before their shift.
PPE is provided: Gloves, Masks and aprons
Closing date: 26th October 2021