Hours: 20-48 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £12.15 per hour
Area: Gosforth, Newcastle
We are looking for dedicated and reliable people to join our independently run care team. You will be looking after a 35-year-old man with Muscular Dystrophy who lives with his wife and son in Gosforth. He has a fully adapted flat and gets around using an electric wheelchair.
It is a rewarding and enjoyable job for successful applicants; you can build a great working relationship with the client and care team, take the initiative in your responsibilities, and really help make a difference. As well as helping out in daily tasks, you will also accompany him to social activities and events, such as: football games, concerts, the cinema, and holidays.
- Completing daily tasks such as: showering, toileting and dressing, all with the use of specialist equipment such as ceiling hoists.
- Administration of medicines, and use of medical equipment: PEG, ventilator, cough assist, tracheostomy.
- Providing a high level of care and professionalism, as well as being good company and accompanying to social events.
Candidates should be responsible, enthusiastic, caring, outgoing and talkative.
There are 2 carers on each shift. Shifts are divided into Day (8.00am – 8.00pm) and Waking Overnights (8.00pm – 8.00am).
Full Training Provided.
All applicants must be vaccinated and willing to lateral flow before their shift.
- NVQ level 2 and 3 available.
- Flexible shift pattern.
- Holiday: 5.6 weeks per year.
- Enrolment into Government NEST pension scheme.
This job is funded by the government through CHC (Continuing Health Care) funding.
This job posting is for a private position, working for one client in his home; the client is the employer and the person for which you will be caring.
Please email a covering letter and CV to the employer at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application form.
Closing date: 5th January 2024
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.