Hours: 16 hours minimum
Rate: £10 per hour
Outgoing, Organised and Fun Personal Assistant/Support Worker wanted – exciting new role in York available to work with a young disabled man who loves life!
I am 27 years old and have had personal care staff working for me for over 19 years. They support me do the things I love doing like going to gigs/theatre/cinema/church, visiting museums and galleries, eating good food, going for long walks, or just hanging out and meeting up with my friends and family. I like to be busy and active and post-pandemic I’m extra keen to grab every opportunity I can to have fun!
I live in a shared house in York and I already have 3 brilliant PAs who work for me and I need you to join my strong and caring team. You will also be working alongside some great staff from United Response who manage the house where I live.
Reviews from my PAs:
“I am so lucky to have such a lovely job that I enjoy 🙂 thank you Hal for having me and letting me share all these experiences with you. The best bit was watching you swimming in the sea. I’m so blessed to work with a great family”
“How I wish I lived in York right now!! Great guy to work with”
“Can indeed vouch that working with you was always a treat Hal! Hope you find someone groovy xx”
What I need from you:
– Help with eating, toileting and personal care
– A clean driving licence (I have my own car)
– Excellent and confident communication skills
– Someone who shares my interests
– Someone who can work mornings/afternoons/evenings/weekends
– Good social skills
– Great problem-solving skills
– Experience booking trips and events
– Cheerful, friendly and sociable
– Are positive and respectful with a ‘can do’ attitude
– Motivated and 100% committed to the job
– Open minded
– Imaginative and creative
– Able to work independently and as part of a team
– Positive about disability
– And you love cooking!
You don’t need to have any specific medical or care experience as I can provide you with
– Manual handling and personal care
– First aid
– Postural Care
– Non-verbal communication
– Disability awareness
The best way to learn how to support me is by listening and asking for guidance where necessary, and by spending time with me. Most challenges can be resolved by co-operation and open communication.
Tasks will include:
- Personal care and manual handling
- Developing and promoting my independence
- Supporting me to have a voice and be in control of my own life
- Supporting me to be active in my community, develop new relationships and maintain existing friendships
- Helping me co-ordinate my calendar, arrange appointments with me, find things to do, go to gigs, cinema etc
- Working in a person-centred way with a focus on purpose and community
- Supporting me to stay physically fit and mentally well (including regular swimming and physio).
- £10 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
- Free training and development
- A warm and friendly family environment
- Hours: daytime/ some evenings on a rota basis.
- Immediate start
To apply please fill out our online application form.
Closing date: 19th October, 2021