Personal Assistant Wanted
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours: Saturday and Sunday mornings, start between 9am – 10am for 3 hours
Monday, Friday and Sunday evenings, start between 6pm – 6.30pm for 2 hours
Ideally one or two people would cover these hours. I am able to offer some flexibility, so it works for all of us.
Rate: £11.40 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
Area: Central York
I am 28 years old and have chronic health conditions which affect multiple aspects of my everyday living. I have recently become a parent, so am adapting to this big change in my life. I have a small team of personal assistants to enable me to live like any other 26-year-old who loves parenthood, their pets (5 rats), art, music, and cooking.
Having a small baby, life can be a bit unpredictable, which may mean the hours need to change slightly. The ideal candidate will be flexible with hours you can work, but I will always do everything I can to arrange hours that work for both of us. I am very active in my local communities, so my PA must be able to accompany me and be okay with physical activity and jobs around the house that I physically struggle with.
You need to have:
- An awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- An awareness of the impact of living with chronic pain
- An awareness of environmental issues
Tasks will include:
- Supporting me to do everything that a new parent needs to do!
- Support to access the community e.g., baby groups, music, craft workshops, gardening, activities involving animals etc
- Support me to take care of day-to-day activities & household chores
- Support me to plan menus, shop, and prepare meals
- Cooking very basic meals
- Support me around managing personal care
- Support me to attend medical appointments and achieve positive outcomes
You need to be:
- Good with babies!
- Cheerful, friendly, sociable and truthful
- Reliable, competent, practical and self-motivating
- Able to learn and support my routines and requests
- Able to work independently, complete tasks you start and use your own initiative, so I can avoid micro-managing.
- Knowledgeable of how to maintain a hygienic, safe and accessible home environment
- A good adaptable communicator
- Imaginative and creative
- Someone with a good sense of humour (or have the capacity to put up with my terrible puns!)
- Confident and willing to learn
- OK with rats, cats, dogs and other pets
- Respectful of your employer and their environment
- Supportive of and comfortable in the LGBT community, especially trans people
- Able to leave any personal issues you have at the door, so we can have appropriate boundaries
- Free training and development
- A warm and friendly environment
This post is subject to DBS checks and references.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
For more information, please see the Job Description
Closing date: Monday 5th July 2021
To apply you can complete the Online Application Form or request an Application Form from firstname.lastname@example.org