Part time Personal Assistant required for toddler in Forest Hall.
Hours: 20 hour contract, worked over two 10 hour nightshifts – Usually Thursday and Friday night 22.00-08.00.
Rate: £12.50 per hour
Area: Forest Hall
We are looking to recruit a personal assistant to support a 2 year old boy with complex medical requirements in the community. The child is a home ventilation patient with a tracheostomy tube in situ. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Our current vacancy is a 20 hour contract, worked over two 10 hour nightshifts – Usually Thursday and Friday night 22.00-08.00. The successful candidate will be expected to rotate shifts at times to provide holiday cover for other members of staff – working Sunday/Monday nightshift or Monday/Tuesday dayshift. Please do not apply if you cannot cover these shifts. Rate of pay £12.50 per hour. While training, the applicant will be expected to work day shifts until competent in all care needs.
– Tracheostomy care: including routine and emergency tube changes, suctioning and stoma care
– Personal care
– Feeding – bottled milk and solids
– Use of a gastrostomy tube to administer medications and overnight feed via feeding pump
– Play and activities – the child is very sociable and friendly!
– We are looking for someone with care experience or experience with young children
– Able to pass an enhanced DBS check
– Friendly and outgoing
– Must be willing to undergo training
– Full clean driving license as driving the child to nursery may be required
– Previous night shift experience would be highly desirable
-Tracheostomy and ventilator training
– Basic life support
– Ambu-bag training
– Gastrostomy tube training
– Medications administration training
The successful candidates will be expected to provide an enhanced DBS, the cost of which will be met by the employer.
For more information or to apply for the vacancy please email: PArecruitment10@gmail.com. To apply provide CV and cover letter
Closing date: 25th June 2021