Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours: 6 hours on a weekend, with a further 6 – 7 hours available shortly
Rate: £10 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
Area: YO31 area of York
People tell me that I am very bubbly and always smiling! I love to be young at heart and keep busy, active and make a difference for others. I have an acquired brain injury, so need a Personal Assistant to support me to do this.
Tasks will include:
- Making breakfast
- Food prep for lunch and tea
- Light housework
- Helping with showering
- Helping get dressed
- Menu planning
- Food shopping
- Dog walking – (I love my dog!)
- Ad hoc tasks such as ringing doctor & hospital consultants; attending medical appointments; assisting with keeping on top of bills
- When we can go out, visiting café’s, shops, groups, anything else I see that sounds fun to do and where I can meet people.
- Generally having fun!
You need to be:
- Punctual & good at time keeping
- Able to use own initiative
- Dog lover
- Good at problem solving issues and areas of difficulties
- Reliable & committed to your work
- Cheerful & positive
- Professional & respectful
- Able to follow instructions
- An excellent listener
- Car driver with clean licence willing to drive my motability car.
- Free training and development
- A warm and friendly environment
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
For more information, please see the Job Description
Closing date: 13th May 2021
To apply you can complete the Online Application Form or request an Application Form from firstname.lastname@example.org