Role: Personal Assistant- Enabler
Hours: 10 hours per week
Rate: £11.91 per hour
Area: Bedlington, Northumberland
- To provide an enabling support 10 hours per week, to be arranged flexibly.
- Support with access to the community and engage in a wide range of local activities, including outdoor activities i.e., local walks, parks and visiting places of interest. Has a love of Blyth Spartans so enjoying football matches would be huge advantage.
- To explore volunteering opportunities, visiting various organisations and increase the possibility for opportunities.
- Support to use local transport and to maintain independence when and if required.
Car driver with own vehicle essential and it must be insured for business use.
- Have a positive understanding of the autistic spectrum and related abilities
- Have a high degree of initiative
- Have a good sense of humour
- Enjoy listening to music
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be flexible
- Have a happy positive caring nature.
- Respect Confidentiality
Enhanced DBS disclosure – will be required, cost to met by Northumberland County Council
For further information and an application form please contact Direct Payments Team, Sandra Myerscough: 07887 660 670 or complete the online application form.
Closing date: 6 December 2023
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.