Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 5.30pm for 2 hours.
Tuesday and Saturday mornings from 8.30am for 3 hours.
Rate: £11.40 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
Area: Central York
I am 28 years old and have chronic health conditions which affect multiple aspects of my everyday living. I have recently become a parent, so am adapting to this big change in my life. I have a small team of personal assistants to enable me to live like any other 28-year-old who loves parenthood, their pets (5 rats), art, music, and cooking.
Having a small baby, life can be a bit unpredictable, which may mean the hours need to change slightly. The ideal candidate will be flexible with hours you can work. I am aiming to regain active participation in my local communities after pregnancy and the lockdown. My PA must be willing to facilitate this and be able to fulfil a role, often physically active, helping me to do tasks, which I am unable to complete without this help.
You need to have:
- An awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- An awareness of the impact of living with chronic pain
- An awareness of environmental issues
- An awareness of parenting tasks
Tasks will include:
- Supporting me in my role as a new parent.
- Support to access the community e.g. baby groups, music, craft workshops, gardening, activities involving animals etc.
- Support me to take care of day-to-day activities & household chores.
- Support me to plan menus, shop, and prepare meals.
- Cooking very basic meals.
- Support me around managing personal care.
- Support me to attend medical appointments and achieve positive outcomes.
You need to be:
- Comfortable around babies and animals, especially rats.
- Supportive of and comfortable in the LGBT community, especially trans people.
- Cheerful, friendly, sociable, and truthful.
- Reliable, competent, practical and self-motivating.
- Confident and willing to learn.
- Respectful of your employer and their environment by being able to support their routines and requests.
- Able to work independently, complete tasks you start and use your own initiative, so I can avoid micro-managing.
- Knowledgeable of how to maintain a hygienic, safe and accessible home environment.
- A good adaptable communicator.
- Imaginative and creative.
- Someone with a good sense of humour and fun (or have the capacity to put up with my terrible puns).
- Able to leave any personal issues you have at the door, so we can have appropriate boundaries.
- Free training and development
- A warm and friendly environment
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
For more information, please see the Job Description
Closing date: 18th November 2021
To apply you can complete the Online Application Form or request an Application Form from email@example.com