Hours: Some Permanent hours, some temporary/absence cover hours. Role may be split between multiple applicants.
Tuesday 9.30am – 12.00 noon
Wednesday 9am-1.30pm (absence cover)
Thursday 9am-1.30pm (absence cover)
Friday 9am-1.30pm (absence cover)
Rate: £11.70 per hour
Area: Central York
I am 30 years old and have chronic health conditions which affect multiple aspects of my everyday living. I am also a parent, and have that role to fulfil 24/7. I have a small team of personal assistants to enable me to live like any other 30-year-old who loves parenthood, animals, gardening, music, and cooking.
Having a toddler, life can be a bit unpredictable, which may mean the hours need to change slightly over the course of time. The ideal candidate will be flexible with hours you can work. I am aiming to regain active participation in my local communities after pregnancy and the lockdown. My PA must be willing to facilitate this and be able to fulfil a role, often physically active, helping me to complete tasks, which I am unable to complete without this help.
You need to have:
- An awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- An awareness of the impact of living with chronic pain
- An awareness of environmental issues
- An awareness of parenting tasks
- An awareness of the social model of disability
Tasks will include:
- Supporting me in my role as a parent (being functional hands when mine struggle).
- Support to access the community e.g., baby groups, music, walks/trips to the park, gardening, activities involving animals etc.
- Support me to take care of day-to-day activities & household chores.
- Support me to plan menus, shop, and prepare meals.
- Cooking / preparing meals.
- Support me around managing personal care.
- Support me to attend medical appointments and achieve positive outcomes.
- Supporting me to engage with hobbies such as gardening, baking, crafts.
You need to be:
- Comfortable around children and animals.
- Supportive of and comfortable in the LGBT community, especially trans people.
- Cheerful, friendly, sociable, and truthful.
- Reliable, competent, practical and self-motivating.
- Confident and willing to learn.
- Respectful of your employer and their environment by being able to support their routines and requests.
- Able to work independently, complete tasks you start and use your own initiative, so I can avoid micro-managing.
- Knowledgeable of how to maintain a hygienic, safe and accessible home environment.
- A good adaptable communicator.
- Imaginative and creative.
- Someone with a good sense of humour and fun (or have the capacity to put up with my terrible puns).
- Able to leave any personal issues you have at the door, so we can have appropriate boundaries.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year
- A warm and friendly environment
- Working in an environment where you’re seen and treated as a human being
The successful candidate will have had or be willing to have their Covid-19 vaccinations.
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
Applications welcomed until such a time as the position is satisfactorily filled.
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.