Hours: 16 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £11.67 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with patience and a great sense of humour to help a 24-year-old man enjoy life. He enjoys his iPad, technology, swimming, cooking and being outdoors.
Nicholas is a happy friendly young man with Cerebral Palsy, he is visually impaired and has a learning disability. He is a full-time wheelchair user and lives with his family in Rowlands Gill, Gateshead.
Nicholas needs help with all aspects of life. Previous experience is essential, and preference will be given to applicants with experience of supporting young adults with complex needs.
A minimum NVQ level 3 is essential. You will be required to provide personal care and medical care (training will be provided) familiarity with lifting and handling, using ceiling track hoists and experience with controlling a powerchair is essential.
Currently hours are available on weekends as well as Mondays and Tuesdays, contracted hours are negotiable. Additional hours may be offered for evenings and at times when cover is needed for other team members. You may be required on occasions to partake in overnight breaks away from home to support Nick on respite and holiday breaks.
You will be joining a well-established very supportive friendly team providing 2-1 support.
Skills and Attributes:
- Be friendly, very patient and have a good sense of humour
- Be responsible, reliable and well organised
- Be enthusiastic and have a willingness to try new things
- Previous training/experience in safe moving and handling is required
- Have a full, clean UK driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years. (Driving a large wheelchair accessible van will be part of your role)
- Be physically able to support a disabled man
- All applicants must be fluent English speakers
- All applicants must be able to maintain confidentiality
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter.
Appointments will be subject to references and a DBS clearance.
Closing date: 20th December 2023
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.