Personal Assistant Wanted
Hours: 9 hours per week
Tuesday 10am -12pm
Wednesday 7pm – 8pm
Thursday 7pm – 8pm
Saturday 10am -12pm, 7pm-8pm
Rate: £11.40 an hour + 5.6 weeks paid holiday pro rata
Area: Central York
I am 28 years old and have chronic health conditions which affect multiple aspects of my everyday living. I am currently in my last few days of pregnancy with baby expected any time now. I am as prepared as I can be for the new arrival and know that my life is going to change a lot when I become a parent! I need my small team of Personal Assistants to be as adaptable as I know I need to be… It is going to be an amazing adventure.
There are lots of other things I can tell you about myself. I love my pets! I have 5 rats at the moment! I also love crafts, music and cooking. I love anything involving vegetables and experimenting with different vegan recipes. Nothing too complicated, but I find cooking fresh plant-based meals really enjoyable and eating them is even better!
You need to have:
• An awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• An awareness of the impact of living with chronic pain
• An awareness of environmental issues
Tasks will include:
• Supporting me to do everything that a new parent needs to do!
• Support to access the community e.g., baby groups, music, craft workshops, gardening, activities involving animals etc
• Support me to take care of day-to-day activities & household chores
• Support me to plan menus, shop, and prepare meals
• Support me around managing personal care
• Support me to attend medical appointments and achieve positive outcomes
You need to be:
• Good with babies!
• Cheerful, friendly, sociable and truthful
• Reliable, competent, practical and self-motivating
• Able to learn and support my routines and requests
• Able to work independently, complete tasks you start and use your own initiative, so I can avoid micro-managing.
• A good adaptable communicator
• Imaginative and creative
• Confident and willing to learn
• OK with rats, cats, dogs and other pets
• Respectful of your employer and their environment
• Supportive of and comfortable in the LGBT community, especially trans people
• Able to leave any personal issues you have at the door, so we can have appropriate boundaries
• Free training and development
• A warm and friendly environment
This post is subject to DBS check and references.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 schedule 9 paragraphs 1 – 4.
For more information, please see the Job Description
Closing date: 13th May 2021
To apply you can complete the Online Application Form or request an Application Form from firstname.lastname@example.org