Job Position for Personal Assistants/Carers in Haxby (York)
There are 2 vacancies available:
Full Time: Contracted 30+ hours
Part Time: Up to 20 hours
Rate of pay: £11.00- £13.00 per hour with 5.6 weeks annual holiday pro-rata.
Job Description: You will work with a team of carers to look after a friendly 30-year-old physically disabled man with a spinal injury, in his family home (fully adapted). Helping him with day-to-day activities such as personal care, preparing food/drinks, going out on social activities, light domestic duties and attending medical appointments.
Hours: Hours are organised on a rota basis to cover mornings and some evenings with others available between. The hours are flexible but help will be required during certain mornings and evenings which can be worked out by mutual agreement.
- Experience of working in health and social care would be ideal but not essential
- Be flexible, reliable and punctual
- Respectful of confidentiality when it comes to the individuals private care needs and circumstances
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Full-time post preferably requires a full UK driving licence.
An enhanced DBS will be required, to be paid for by the employer.
Closing Date: 18th December 2023
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K.