Disability North is proud to host a variety of informative, up-to-the-minute training courses for healthcare professionals, carers and anyone with an interest in disability.
From Moving & Handling training to legal, health and social care training, our courses cover a range of topics.
CPD-accreditation is available in some occasions – please see individual course details.
Training courses listing
Introducing the role of a Personal Assistant in Health and Social Care
This free to attend three half day course will be held on the following dates;
Saturdays – 26th January/2nd February/9th February 2019
9.30am to 12.30pm
Mondays – 28th January/4th February/ 11th February 2019
10.00am to 1.00pm
Tuesdays – 26th February/5th March/ 12th March 2019
5.30pm to 8.30pm
at Disability North, The Dene Centre, Castle Farm Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 1PH – 0191 2840480.
This course will cover the following;
• Overview of what Social Care is.
• Introduction to the main models of Disability.
• What Personalisation is, how it has become part of Social Care Policy and where the role of a Personal Assistant fits in.
• What the role of a Personal Assistant is, the skills and values that Direct Payment employers want and an understanding of ‘Person Centred Care’.
• Equality and Diversity in relation to disability.
• An understanding of safeguarding, signs of abuse and what to do if abuse is suspected.
• Health and Safety from an employee’s perspective.
• Some of the issues to consider when applying for Personal Assistant Roles and once in the role of Personal Assistant
To access a booking form please click on the following link: PA Course Application Form.
An MP has asked the equality and human rights watchdog to investigate why ministers hid documents from their own independent reviewer when they knew the information would link their “fitness for work” test to the deaths of disabled benefit claimants. Labour’s Debbie Abrahams, a former shadow work and pensions secretary, has told the Equality and […]