Some organisations are offering support to their customers who are struggling to pay their energy bills:
1) British Gas
British Gas are offering a range of options. If you’re paying by Direct Debit, you may find it easier to switch to Pay-As-You-Go. Alternatively, if you’re Pay-As-You-Go, it might be easier to manage if large payments are spread over time paying by Direct Debit. They are recommend contacting Step Change if you are struggling with debt.
2) Family Fund
Family Fund are a charity supporting families with disabled children. They have a wealth of information on their website applying to all kinds of money matters.
This is a government scheme where disabled people will automatically receive £150 to help towards the cost of living. Visit their website to check your eligibility.
Turn2us is a charity helping people to access grants, welfare or charitable donations to help with the cost of living. There is a huge amount of information on financial aid on their website.
Citizen’s Advice is always worth contacting for help. They can also offer advice on benefits and government help.
Contact are a fantastic charity for families with disabled children. They have great sign-posting on their website, including help for transport and education grants.
Depher provide free or heavily discounted plumbing and heating repairs to elderly or disabled people.
Sense are issuing £500 grants to eligible families for help with the cost of living. You cannot apply for this directly, but click ‘Sense’ above for more details.
Apply for £140 to be taken directly from your electricity bill (you may be able to request a reduction to your gas bill if it is the same supplier as your electricity). Applications open again in November.
- British Gas Energy Support Fund – apply for a grant on the British Gas Energy Trust website
- Scottish Power Hardship Fund – apply for a grant on the Scottish Power Hardship Fund website
- Ovo Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the Ovo Energy Fund website
- E.ON Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Energy Fund website
- E.ON Next Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Next Energy Fund website
- EDF Energy Customer Support Fund – sign up to the priority services register to apply for a grant on the EDF Energy website
- Octopus ‘Octo Assist Fund’ – apply for a grant on the Octopus website