Connected Voice’s Haref project has been working with key organisations to produce and share COVID-19 vaccine information. Haref strives for health equality for local Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Communities and the resources are particularly aimed at people from these communities but still useful for all.
Haref recently ran an online information session about the COVID-19 vaccines. This is a 54 minute long recording of the vaccine information session with Kate Vogelsang (NGPS) and Lorna Longworth (Clinical Director) explaining about the vaccines:
- How they are being administered in Newcastle?
- What is in the vaccines?
- How do the vaccines work?
- How will people be notified about getting a vaccine?
Questions from Haref Network members include:
- How do asylum seekers get notified about their vaccine date?
- Do people have a choice of which vaccine to get?
- What side effects might you experience after each vaccine?
- How long after receiving the first injection do you have immunity?
For more information on Haref, go to https://connectedvoice.org.uk/services/haref/haref-network
Friday 12th March 2021