Supporting your Independence
We provide a range of information, advice and support services relating to all aspects of disability. Our quality advice and support is free*, confidential and impartial. We also work to support carers and those working within the health and social care system.
*There is a charge for some of our Direct Payment/payroll Support Services
Our friendly service team of specialists are committed to supporting disabled people to live independently. Please select the relevant section below to find out how we can help you today.
- Talks & Workshops – We deliver a range of free informative group workshops on accessing welfare benefits, completing PIP forms, support for direct payments users and their personal assistants and more.
- Welfare Benefits – We provide one-to-one advice on disability benefits, how to claim them, support to complete the relevant forms and representation at tribunal if required.
- Personal Assistant Vacancies – We advertise a range of personal assistant employment opportunities. We also hold a PA register.
- Equipment, aids and adaptations advice – One-to-one advice on the suitability of domestic independent living equipment and how to access it. All under the guidance of a fully-qualified Occupational Therapist in our bespoke demonstration areas.
- Direct Payments/ Personal Budgets/ Payroll – One-to-one support on the management of your direct payment service for families, including recruiting a personal assistant, employment support, personal budgets, and payroll service.
- Training – We offer a range of essential contemporary training for healthcare professionals, carers and anyone with an interest in disability. Some courses are CPD-accredited.
- Community Care Personalised support and advice on issues relating to community care and supporting you to access services and assessments. Advise on your rights under the Care Act and ensure the support is meeting your needs. If we feel the issue is a legal challenge we can refer to our legal surgeries
If there is something you feel you need support in that is not covered please get in touch.